Greater Shepparton City Council (Council) has prepared draft concept designs for Stages 5 and 6 of the Welsford Street Upgrade.
The Welsford Street Upgrade seeks to cater for Welsford Street’s role as a busy north-south arterial road by improving traffic flow, safety and amenity for vehicles and pedestrians.
Stages 1, 2, 3 and 4 have already been completed. Stages 5 and 6 seek to upgrade the route from south of the Fryers Street intersection to the Wyndham and Sobraon Streets intersection.
Council undertook draft consultation between 21 August and 18 September 2023 with landowners, occupiers of land, and other key stakeholders. You can learn more about the features of the draft concept designs and possible impacts in our frequently asked questions below:
- What is being proposed for Stages 5 and 6?
- Will the construction of Stages 5 and 6 have an impact on car parking?
- What has been proposed for the intersection of Welsford Street and Vaughan Street?
- What has been proposed for the intersection of Welsford Street and High Street?
- What has been proposed for the intersection of Sobraon Street?
- Will Stages 5 and 6 retain on-road cycling lanes?
- Will the construction of Stages 5 and 6 result in the removal of trees?
- What will the construction impacts for Stages 5 and 6 have on my business?
- When will construction begin for Stages 5 and 6?
More information about these projects can be found on Council’s website.
Have your say
Council was seeking draft feedback on the upgrade of Welsford Street (Stages 5 and 6). The draft Welsford Street Stages 5 and 6 concept designs, and the associated background report can be viewed by the following links.
Click the image thumbnails for an enlargement, or download the PDF version for a high-detail view.
Please complete our feedback form below to share your thoughts on the Welsford Street Stage 5 and 6 concept designs.