Greater Shepparton City Council (Council) will prepare draft concept designs and costings for Stages 5 and 6 of the Welsford Street Upgrade.
The Welsford Street Upgrade seeks to cater for Welsford Street’s role as a busy north-south arterial road by improving traffic flow, safety and amenity for vehicles and pedestrians.
Stages 1, 2 and 3 have already been completed, and service relocation works to support construction for Stage 4 is expected to commence in late 2022 and is expected to take 3 to 4 months to complete.
Stages 5 and 6 seek to upgrade the route from south of the Fryers Street intersection to the Wyndham and Sobraon Streets intersection.
Council is undertaking pre-draft consultation between 25 July and 26 August 2022 with landowners, occupiers of land, and other key stakeholders in order to identify any issues and opportunities associated with the upgrading of Welsford Street.
This will assist in the preparation of draft concept designs and costings for the upgrade of these two stages later in 2022.
More information about these projects can be found on Council’s website.
Have your say
Council is seeking pre-draft feedback on the upgrade of Welsford Street (Stages 5 and 6).
You can have your say via either of the following two options, or both.
- Use the "Interactive Map" tab below.
- Use the "Add Marker" button to drop a marker onto the map.
- Your markers allow you to provide comments about any "Issues" (red marker) or "Opportunities" (green marker) you have identified the marked location.
- You can view markers left by others, and if you support their comments, you can give them an 'upvote'.
- We've gotten things started by adding our own markers, highlighting the "Issues" and "Opportunities" Council have identified (pink and blue, respectively).
- Use the "Feedback Form" tab below.
- Simply complete a short open survey to share your thoughts about the future upgrade of Welsford Street
Alternatively, you can attend a one-to-one appointment with Council officers to discuss issues, opportunities or ideas regarding the Welsford Street Upgrade. These appointments will likely be via video conference. Arrange a 20-minute appointment by calling the Building, Planning and Compliance Department on (03) 5832 9730. Appointments will be held during the following times:
- Friday, 5 August from 1pm – 4pm
- Thursday, 11 August from 5pm – 8pm
- Wednesday, 17 August from 3pm – 6pm