Shaping Greater Shepp is moderated by Greater Shepparton City Council, Harvest Digital Planning and their agents. We moderate the site in order to create a productive and safe environment where people can engage with the project or each other without feeling intimidated.
The site uses either a (a) post-moderation tool where all content submitted by users on our site is immediately published and then reviewed by our moderators to ensure it complies with Harvest’s Moderation Policy or (b) pre-moderation tool where all content must be approved by our moderators before appearing on the site.
In the first case, the user’s content is immediately posted on the site and then reviewed by the moderators. If Council or Harvest finds that the content violates the Moderation Policies, the user’s content will be rejected and the user may be notified via email. We reserve the right to edit or remove any content in our sole discretion that has been posted on our site.
In some cases, you may notice that your submitted content that was once posted no longer appears on the site. The content is only temporarily removed until Council or Harvest has reviewed it to ensure it complies with the Moderation Policy. If your content has been rejected, you may be notified via email from Council or Harvest.
With the pre-moderation tool, moderators must review and approve the user’s content before it is posted onto the site. This may mean the user’s content does not immediately appear on the site.
Think positively about your participation. This is an opportunity for you to input your ideas and contribute to the project.
We have the right to edit or remove any content submitted by a user. This can include, but not be limited to:
- Personal attacks on other participants or staff;
- Personal information about any of the participants, staff or any others;
- Offensive language or imagery, including profanity;
- Comments that are discriminatory of people’s gender, race, religion, culture, sexual preference, appearance or background;
- Links to any advertising or illegal material; and/or
- Spamming or off-topic comments.
- Contribute constructive discussions and comments while respecting the views of other people.
- Only post content that is suitable for anyone (including young children) to view.
- Ensure you have received permission to post any images or intellectual property of third parties.
- Do not spam either by posting irrelevant websites or content or by re-posting your comment.
- Avoid rude and dismissive comments.
- Multiple votes by the same user will be detected and all votes will be removed.