Greater Shepparton City Council is calling for those interested to submit an Expression of Interest to join the Sports Hall of Fame Advisory Committee.
The concept of a Greater Shepparton Sports Hall of Fame could preserve, celebrate and showcase the history and heritage of sports excellence and achievement of Greater Shepparton residents.
A Greater Shepparton Sports Hall of Fame could also serve as a permanent tribute to sporting leaders in recognition of not only their sporting excellence but also their service to the sport.
Role of the Sports Hall of Fame Advisory Committee
The Sports Hall of Fame Advisory Committee will oversee a Sports Hall of Fame for the Greater Shepparton region, recommend inductees to Council and celebrate their achievements through an official induction ceremony.
The Sports Hall of Fame Advisory Committee will be required to undertake tasks including but not limited to:
- Benchmarking against existing Sports Hall of Fame/Museums.
- Identification of Sports Hall of Fame inductees by developing criteria and nomination process.
- Outline of a Sports Hall of Fame ceremonies and key events thereafter.
- Guidelines for memorabilia (including receiving and storing) from inductees and/or their families
The Sports Hall of Fame Advisory Committee will be made up as follows:
- Greater Shepparton City Council – 2 Councillors, 1 Senior Staff member and 1 Project Officer
- ValleySport – 1 Representative
- Community Other – up to 5 Representatives
Term of Appointment
Members will be appointed for a period of two years. After that time a new Expression of Interest process will be undertaken to appoint representatives to the Sports Hall of Fame Advisory Committee.
The Sports Hall of Fame Advisory Committee will be governed by Terms of Reference.
Expression of Interest Process
- All Expressions of Interest for appointment to the Sports Hall of Fame Advisory Committee must be made using the nomination form (either online or hardcopy) along with any relevant attachments.
- Expressions of Interest may be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or in hard copy addressed to the Team Leader Healthy Communities, Greater Shepparton City Council, Locked Bag 1000, Shepparton 3632 or delivered addressed as above to 90 Welsford Street, Shepparton.
- Expressions of Interest must be received by no later than 5.00pm Thursday 29 February 2024.
- All applications will be considered to fill the available membership places on the Sports Hall of Fame Advisory Committee.
- Applicants will be notified of an outcome by no later than Friday 25 March 2024.