The purpose of the Greater Shepparton Youth Committee is to provide a youth voice to the Greater Shepparton City Council. The Committee will work collaboratively to develop initiatives and actions that represent and respond to the voice of young people. The objectives of the youth committee are:
- To learn and develop skills
- To have a voice
- To be part of a community
- To engage the youth sector
- For all young people to be loved, healthy and safe
- Take action on projects and ideas that are important to young people
Applications to join the Committee are open to young people aged between 12-25 years who live, study, work, volunteer or play in Greater Shepparton.
The Committee is a four-hour time commitment each month. Times and dates are to be determined by the group, with the understanding that there will be added training opportunities on top of this.
The Committee orientation will be:
- Friday 13 August, 4pm – 6pm; and
- Saturday 14 August, 10am – 5pm.
For further information call or text Lynda Bruce on 0429 508 721 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The artwork used on this page was designed and created by young artist, Taj Johnson.