Condoms are the best form of prevention for sexually transmissible infections (STIs) and can also prevent unintended pregnancy. For rural young people, issues of privacy, lack of transport and cost are some of the barriers that prevent them from accessing condoms.
Condom Vending Machines will be installed in 14 public toilets throughout Greater Shepparton. The installation of the machines will support our community, particularly young people to have 24/7 access to purchase condoms in a low cost, discrete manner.
Access to condoms are vital in the ongoing sexual and reproductive health of all ages. Learn more about the importance of condom vending machines.
Design a condom vending machine wrap to win a prize!
We are looking for creative designs that promote positive sexual health messages, safe sex, consent, respectful relationships and encourage regular STI testing.
The winning condom vending machine wrap designs will cover the condom vending machines being installed in public toilets throughout Greater Shepparton.
Dimensions of the condom vending machine: Height 910mm, Width 295mm, Depth 190mm.
Download the template below and get designing!
- Entries are free and open to young people aged 16 – 25 living in the City of Greater Shepparton (excluding staff from participating organisations including The University of Melbourne Centre for Excellence in Rural Sexual Health and Greater Shepparton City Council)
- Entrants under the age of 18 years at closing of the competition must have a signed parent/guardian consent to enter (see entry form).
- Multiple entries will be accepted, up to a maximum of 5 per entrant.
- Artwork must be original.
- Entries must be completed using the template provided and include a copy of the entry form. Entries submitted without the entry form will not be considered.
- Entries can be submitted online or in hard copy.
- To submit online send a copy of your designs and entry form via the online entry form or emailed to Astrid Bester, Youth Officer, Greater Shepparton City Council email@example.com by midnight on Sunday 29 May 2022.
- To submit in hard copy, place a copy your designs and entry form in an envelope addressed to Astrid Bester, Youth Officer, Greater Shepparton City Council and place in the collection box located at Council’s Customer Service Centre by 5pm Friday 20 May 2022.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries received after the closing date
- Judges decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Competition winners will be notified via phone and email and notified when to collect their prize. If the competition winners cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, Greater Shepparton City Council reserves the right to withdraw the prize and pick replacement winners.
- No cash alternative to be prize will be offered. The prize is not transferrable.
- The entrant grants permission for Greater Shepparton City Council and partners to use this work, or part of it, for any purpose relating to the competition or future promotion. Greater Shepparton City Council or partners may publish the entrants work on their websites, social media or in print or digital publications.
- Greater Shepparton City Council and partner agencies will make all efforts to credit the entrants work, wherever possible. If the entrant does not wish to be credited publicly, please identify this on the entry form.
- Any personal data relating to the winner/s or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Greater Shepparton City Council data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can get involved?
- When do entries close?
- When will winners be announced?
- What are the prizes?
- Who will be judging the entries?
- Where will the condom vending machines be located?
- Where can I get more information in relation to sexual and reproductive health such as testing, contraception, sexuality and relationships?
Submit your entry
Entries can be submitted:
- online via the form below;
- emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- as a hard-copy.
To submit in hard copy, place a copy your design/s and entry form in an envelope addressed to "Astrid Bester, Youth Officer - Greater Shepparton City Council" and place in the collection box located at Council’s Customer Service Centre.