Council is changing the way they do community consultation for next year’s Budget and have included a community feedback phase ahead of the document being drafted early next year.
Council decided to hear from the community before the draft Budget was created to better understand the needs of residents and find out what the priorities are in the next financial year.
Each year the Budget funds and supports many different services and programs along with a large capital works program. Please see the "Our Services" tab below to learn more about many of the services and programs Council provides, including some you may not know about.
Previous feedback received on Council Budgets have resulted in funding for several major developments and upgrades including:
- Aquamoves outdoor pool heating - Funded in the 2018/2019 Budget
- Hastie Street, Tatura pedestrian crossing - Funded in the 2021/2022 Budget
- Tatura Museum Extension - Funded in the 2017/2018 Budget.
See the "Success Stories" tab below for more projects that were made possible by past submissions.
How to get involved
The community can provide feedback by:
- Completing the Survey (see the "Survey" tab below)
- Sending a video or written submission to Council at 90 Welsford Street Shepparton, or by email at email@example.com
- Requesting a virtual meeting with Council Staff by providing contact details at the end of the survey or phoning 03 5832 9700.
Have your say
Submit your feedback via the survey below. You can also request a time to chat with Council’s Manager Finance and Rates by phoning (03) 5832 9700 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.